Saturday, February 18, 2012

Do video games increase children's imagination?

I know many psychologists say that it does because it restricts a child to a certain world instead of letting them invent their own kind of play, but to me video games are just like movies or books, things children will reenact themselves in real life (i.e. I'll pretend I'm mario, you be luigi!) I don't know though, so I would someone's thoughts on this. Also, if there has been any research or statistics in this field, I would like to knowDo video games increase children's imagination?
The sims games are great for children (get sims 3)Do video games increase children's imagination?
You are kind of right.



If you were to raise a child in a room with one window, and that room would be sealed away from humanity, that child would grow up with his own perception of the world. he would think that a "God" or some being makes the Sun rise, and the moon glow, etc. That child would have his own ideals of the world. His imagination would make him picture the outside world.



Now if you were to expose that same child to video games, that child's imagination would be built around those games, and he would expand on that.



This is more of a philosophical approach, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment